Deck boxes are essential for keeping your outdoor space neat, organized, and protected from the elements. Whether you need extra storage for gardening tools, outdoor cushions, or pool accessories, these top five deck boxes offer convenience, durability, and style. In this review, we’ll explore each product’s features, pros, and cons to help you make an informed decision.
1# Suncast DBW7300 Deck Box
Product Description: The Suncast DBW7300 Deck Box is a spacious storage solution with a 73-gallon capacity. It is constructed from durable resin material, providing excellent weather resistance. The box features an attractive wicker design and includes handles and wheels for easy portability.
- Generous storage capacity to accommodate various outdoor items.
- Stylish wicker design enhances any outdoor decor.
- Resin construction ensures durability and protection against the elements.
- Convenient handles and wheels for effortless mobility.
- Easy assembly process.
- The lid may occasionally be difficult to open or close.
2# Keter Westwood Deck Box
Product Description: The Keter Westwood Deck Box offers a massive 150-gallon storage capacity, making it ideal for larger outdoor spaces. It is made of durable resin with a natural wood-like texture, providing both functionality and an appealing appearance. The box features hydraulic pistons for easy opening and closing, and it doubles as a comfortable seating option.
- Spacious storage capacity for extensive outdoor storage needs.
- Attractive wood-like texture blends well with outdoor surroundings.
- Resin construction ensures weather resistance and longevity.
- Hydraulic pistons enable effortless lid operation.
- Doubles as a functional seating option.
- The size may be too large for smaller decks or patios.
- Some users find the assembly process time-consuming.
3# Rubbermaid Patio Chic Outdoor Storage Deck Box
Product Description: The Rubbermaid Patio Chic Outdoor Storage Deck Box combines style and functionality with its elegant rattan pattern. It has a 56.2-gallon capacity and is constructed from durable resin, providing excellent weather resistance. The box features a flat lid, allowing it to function as additional seating space.
- Stylish rattan pattern complements various outdoor aesthetics.
- Durable resin construction ensures long-lasting performance.
- Flat lid design allows for additional seating.
- Lightweight and easy to move around.
- Resistant to fading, cracking, and rusting.
- The lid may not seal tightly in heavy rain.
- Some users mention the need for additional reinforcement for heavy items.
4# Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box
Product Description: The Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box is a robust and spacious storage solution with a 130-gallon capacity. It is constructed from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), providing durability and UV resistance. The box features a lockable lid, a spring hinge for easy opening and closing, and a rigid dual-wall high-density construction.
- Ample storage space for various outdoor items.
- HDPE construction ensures long-lasting durability and protection against UV rays.
- Lockable lid provides security for stored items.
- Spring hinge facilitates effortless lid operation.
- Sturdy dual-wall construction for added strength.
- Some users find the assembly process challenging.
- The lid may occasionally require extra force to close securely.
5# Keter Marvel Plus 71 Gallon Resin Outdoor Storage Box
Product Description: The Keter Marvel Plus Outdoor Storage Box offers a 71-gallon capacity and a sleek, contemporary design. It is constructed from durable resin material, providing weather resistance and low maintenance. The box features a hydraulic piston for easy opening and closing and can also function as a comfortable seat.
- Adequate storage capacity for smaller outdoor items.
- Sleek and modern design enhances any outdoor space.
- Resin construction ensures durability and protection against the elements.
- Hydraulic piston allows for effortless lid operation.
- Can be used as additional seating.
- Some users find the size to be insufficient for larger storage needs.
- The lid may occasionally have a slight gap, allowing water to seep in during heavy rain.
- 5 Best Storage Containers For Olive Oil
- best potato storage containers.
- 4 Best Onion Storage Containers
- 5 Best Glass Storage Containers for Nuts
Buying Guide: Deck Boxes
When shopping for a deck box, there are several key factors to consider to ensure you choose the right one for your needs. This buying guide will help you navigate the options and make an informed decision.
Consider the amount of storage space you require. Think about the items you plan to store in the deck box, such as gardening tools, cushions, or pool accessories.
Deck boxes come in a range of sizes, from compact options to larger models with capacities exceeding 100 gallons. Ensure the box you choose has enough space to accommodate your storage needs.
Material and Durability
The material of the deck box plays a vital role in its durability and weather resistance.
Common materials include resin, wood, and metal. Resin deck boxes are lightweight, low maintenance, and resistant to fading, cracking, and rusting.
Wood options offer a natural aesthetic but may require more upkeep. Metal boxes provide durability but may be susceptible to rust if not properly treated. Consider the climate and weather conditions in your area when selecting the material.
Design and Style
Deck boxes are available in various designs and styles to match different outdoor aesthetics. Some feature wicker or rattan patterns, while others have a wood-like texture. Choose a design that complements your outdoor space and blends seamlessly with existing furniture and decor.
Ease of Use
Look for deck boxes that offer convenient features for easy use. Features like hydraulic pistons or spring hinges allow for smooth opening and closing of the lid.
Handles and wheels make it easier to move the box around when needed. Additionally, consider if the box can double as additional seating, providing a functional and space-saving solution.
Since deck boxes are exposed to outdoor elements, it’s crucial to select one that is weather-resistant. Ensure the box is designed to withstand rain, snow, UV rays, and extreme temperatures without deteriorating. Resin boxes are generally excellent in terms of weather resistance.
If you plan to store valuable or sensitive items in your deck box, consider models with lockable lids or the ability to add a padlock. This provides an extra layer of security and peace of mind.
Check the assembly requirements for the deck box you are considering. Some models come pre-assembled or require minimal assembly, while others may need more time and effort to set up.
Make sure you are comfortable with the assembly process or consider purchasing a model that offers professional installation if available.
Before making a final decision, read customer reviews and ratings of the deck box you are interested in. Real-life experiences can provide valuable insights into the product’s quality, durability, and functionality.
Lastly, determine your budget for a deck box. Prices can vary significantly depending on the size, material, brand, and additional features. Set a budget range and prioritize the features that are most important to you.
By considering these factors and conducting thorough research, you can confidently choose a deck box that meets your storage needs, withstands the outdoor elements, and complements your outdoor space’s style and design.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best wood for a deck box?
Answer: Cedar and teak are popular choices for wood deck boxes due to their natural resistance to rot, insects, and decay. They are durable, weather-resistant, and have a natural beauty that enhances outdoor spaces.
What are deck boxes used for?
Answer: Deck boxes are used for outdoor storage and organization. They are ideal for storing items such as gardening tools, cushions, pool accessories, sports equipment, and other outdoor items. Deck boxes help keep your outdoor space neat, tidy, and protected from the elements.
Are plastic deck boxes good?
Answer: Plastic deck boxes can be a good choice for outdoor storage. They are lightweight, low maintenance, and resistant to fading, cracking, and rusting.
Plastic deck boxes are also typically more affordable than other materials. However, their durability and weather resistance may not be as high as options like resin, wood, or metal.
It’s important to consider the specific features and quality of the plastic deck box before making a decision.
When it comes to deck boxes, the market offers a wide range of options to suit different storage needs and aesthetic preferences.
After careful consideration, the Suncast DBW7300 Deck Box stands out for its generous capacity, stylish wicker design, and easy mobility.
For those seeking a larger storage solution with a natural wood-like texture, the Keter Westwood Deck Box is an excellent choice.
If elegance is a priority, the Rubbermaid Patio Chic Outdoor Storage Deck Box offers a stylish rattan pattern and weather-resistant construction.
The Lifetime 60012 Extra Large Deck Box provides ample storage space and a lockable lid for added security.
Finally, the Keter Marvel Plus 71 Gallon Resin Outdoor Storage Box combines sleek design, functionality, and low maintenance for smaller storage needs.
Consider your outdoor space requirements, desired capacity, and design preferences to select the deck box that best suits your needs.
With any of these top five options, you can effectively organize and protect your outdoor items while enhancing the overall appeal of your outdoor space.